Tuesday, May 03, 2005

1014 The Juicy Studio tests for your web page

I tried out a few of the tests at Juicy Studio. I found out this web page has 396 links, and every one of them works! Yea. Juicy did burp a little on some of the links to comments, and suggested hand checking those. Then I tried the readability tests. This is a bit trickier, because so many of my entries contain considerable quoting, and if I tested those, I wouldn't be testing Norma, now would I? So I tried the waffle story and the cell phone story and a few others that weren't particularly weighty, but at least were all MINE.

My "fog index" is between an 8 and 9--or the level of a popular novel. I think a 10 gets you to Time Magazine. 15-16% of my words have 3 or more syllables, and my reading ease score is 66-67, and the test suggests you aim for 60-70. Then the grade level tests out at between 5 and 6. So apparently, a fifth or sixth grader could read my essays and understand. So if you can't make heads or tails out of what I'm saying, it must be you, not me. If you just don't agree, well, I didn't see a test for that. But since I'm older than you, you'll just have to bow to my gray hair and greater experience.

No comments: