Thursday, March 25, 2004

275 Around the world in six shirts

I needed to iron my white linen table cloth for dinner tomorrow night. I think it was a wedding gift, so that makes it about 44 years old. It was probably made in the USA, but a long time ago, we thought things made in Europe were superior, so possibly not.

While the iron was hot (which is where that expression doesn't come from), I decided I might as well do up the shirts and blouses hanging next to the washer. It truly was a trip around the world.

  • Blue, long sleeve, cotton blouse--Macedonia
  • Beige with black, red and white dots, long sleeve silk blouse--China
  • White, short sleeve, cotton t-shirt with button trim--Vietnam
  • Coral and white stripe, long sleeve, cotton blouse--Indonesia
  • two blue denin shirts, one about 10 years old, the other new--Bangladesh
  • I wonder which shirt off my back Mr. Kerry wants so we can stop shipping jobs overseas?

    No comments: