Friday, June 01, 2018

New genetic study

This is going to overturn everything I was taught in school since the 1940s. 7.6 billion people, 500 million house sparrows, or 100,000 sandpipers, genetic diversity "is about the same." Nine out of 10 species on Earth today, including humans, came into being 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Of course, I didn't believe in evolution even before I was a Christian, and even before I could read the Bible! I looked at the charts and graphs and said to self: This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I may have been 7 years old but I knew I hadn't come from monkeys or slime mold.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/228798/20180530/massive-genetic-study-reveals-90-percent-of-earth-s-animals-appeared-at-the-same-time.htm

Depending on which tech/science/Christian site you choose to read, you'll find a different emphasis on this study which appeared in "Human Evolution," Vol. 33 - n. 1-2 (1-30) – 2018 because they are all biased; some choose to say, see! humans are no big deal, and others use it to smack evolution around (which has never been proven--it's a theory). This one uses mitochondrial DNA.

No comments: