Friday, May 07, 2021

The Discovery Shop--donations 2013

The Discovery Shop (cancer fund raising) is just up the street, and I like to shop there and donate there.  In May 2013 I mentioned the things I was taking that day from my so-called "vintage clothes collection."  This week I bought medium blue summer slacks for $1.34 and Volunteers of America, and a pleasant blue (different shade) knit shirt at Discovery for $3. Although neither appear to have been worn, I always wash them.  You just never know . . . 

"I wouldn't say I have a vintage clothing collection, but I have saved a few favorites over the years. Some are leaving the house tomorrow for the Discovery Shop (cancer). A 1963 wool winter coat--sort of the Jackie Kennedy style knock-off, except I bought it at K-Mart. A long, floor length cotton print skirt, 1973, I enjoyed wearing at Lakeside. A black and cream silk dress for my daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner in 1993. A purple formal I wore on our 2001 Alaskan cruise. I still have formals my mom made for me in high school, blazers she made for me for college, the wedding dress she made and some favorites from the 80s and 90s with giant shoulder pads."

No comments: