Monday, December 05, 2005

1853 Finally Donna Mills is catching up with me

Donna Mills and I were at the University of Illinois at the same time. I think she was a freshman when I was a sophomore. Of course, she went on to fame and fortune in TV and a few movies (Misty). I think I first saw her in 1967 on a soap "Love is a Splendored Something" and she played the wimpy, delicate sister Laura. Her sister Iris was the fiesty one.

Years later when she was famous for being the 70s version of a controling gorgeous woman on Knots Landing, I picked up a tabloid to find out she was about 10 years younger than me. Imagine my shock! Last week I saw an item in USAToday that the "desperate housewives" of 1979--Michele Lee, Joan Van Ark and Donna Mills, "now in their 60s. . ." So our age gap is dwindling. My guess is she is 65. I googled her bio and it gave her birthdate as 1942. Maybe she was a brilliant student who entered college 3 years early.

No comments: