Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Good Samaritan saves a tire

At church Sunday, someone took the time to write out a note and slip it under the windshield wiper of my husband's car, "low tire." This nice person wasn't counting on the way my husband processes information. All he saw was a restaurant check (other side) and he put it in the car thinking it was from me (this baffles me, since this isn't how we communicate). Last evening he brings the "restaurant check" to me and asks what I want done with it. I looked at it and didn't recognize the name of the restaurant, so I asked him where it came from, and he said it was on his windshield. So, being a clever investigative librarian, I turned it over and saw the note. "Someone has left you a note. Do you have a low tire?" "Don't think so, but I'll go look." He came back in the house and confirmed that yes, one tire was very low. He'd already made a number of errands that day. So today he took his SUV to our son at Jack Maxton, who found all four were low, but one was really low.

Thanks, who ever you are, for saving a tire or preventing an accident.

3 comments:

Jack Mqxton Chevrolet said...

Sometimes we encounter people who really make a difference in our life. Whether it be something as small as a note on our windshield warning us of a low tire, or something bigger, we recognize that without their help, something bad could've been the outcome of our future.
To all the good Samaritans out there, wherever you are...a big thank you for helping a fellow human. It is this kind of love that our world needs more of.

Norma, we are glad Jack Maxton was able to restore your tires. It is nice of you to recognize and appreciate your Samaritan helper. We hope your message of thanks reaches the person who helped you.

We also hope that perhaps it will encourage more people to help that person on the side of the road with a flat tire, or the person who ran out of gas. We have all been in similar situations. We all could use a helping hand now and then.

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Norma, Bob could be in big trouble without you. LOL

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Hey, Norma! I was just reminded of you this afternoon, going back to an old blog comment.... So glad to find you here, still chugging along!

Keep those tires full, and keep on chugging! I still like your stuff!!