Saturday, December 21, 2019

Christianity Today doesn’t remember, but I do

About the Christianity Today editorial:

I’m so old I remember when conservatives were horrified that a Roman Catholic could be president; I’m so old I remember that Ronald Reagan’s divorce and remarriage was a topic of media gossip; I’m so old I remember when Gerald Ford’s wife’s divorce years before was grist for the media mill as well as the divorce of his mother and his adoption by his stepfather, named Ford; I’m so old I remember when abortion was taboo for most Christian churches, and now it’s only in the documents of the Catholics who also are ignoring their church’s teaching.

I'm so old I remember that Bill Clinton was NOT impeached for sex but for perjury and deception, aka lying, using the Violence Against Women Act definition of sex. I’m so old I remember when marriage was between a man and a woman. I'm so old I remember when Cher had a daughter and the Kardashians had a father. I'm so old I remember when Christians sat out the vote in 2012 because Romney was a Mormon so we got a second term of Obama. I'm so old I remember when ordinary people actually believed it was about medical qualities of marijuana, but presidents could inhale.

No comments: