Friday, December 31, 2021

Cleaning my silverplate to set a pretty table

 How to Clean Silver-Plated Items Without Chemicals (thespruce.com)

I scooped up all my daily silverplate and put them in the 9 x 12 baking dish which had the cleaning mix--aluminum foil, boiling water, baking soda and salt.  After a few minutes I dunked them all in sudsy water and rinsed.  The water was still hot, so I set some of my copper bottom Reviere Ware in it.  Some cleaned up immediately, others didn't budge or give up their dusky, dark appearance.

For our New Year's Eve dinner tonight with a couple from our church after the jazz concert/worship service at our church we're having soup and salad followed with cookies and ice cream. Today is our neighbor's birthday so we'd also invited her.  She just let us know that she and the other "funeral ladies" (serve desserts after funerals) were all invited to another woman's home for cookies and tea for the holiday.  Then a few days later, one of them let everyone know she had Covid (very mild), so now our neighbor is quarantining herself and won't be able to come.

No comments: