Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Putting this here

 Yesterday I had to return a scarf to Talbots before it was too late for a Christmas return.  My hair is white now, and although coral used to be my go-to color, it just doesn't work for me anymore.  So after doing business with the cashier, I decided to browse a bit.  There was a table with new arrivals so I decided to take a look.  One really cute springy T was in pink with darker roses.  Then I decided that after Valentine's Day it might be a bit seasonal.  So I picked up one that was royal blue with black and white narrow stripes. Hmm.  That might a nice 3 season style, I thought.  So I took it back to the cashier to check on the price.  With the amount I'd just put on my account, with the amount I still had from some other deep in the past exchange, the $65.50 T-shirt came down to $5.74.  Sold!  I wouldn't dream of paying $65 for a t-shirt (made in Vietnam), but this didn't seem like it, even though it was.  Royal blue is one of my favorites, and if it's not too hot, I think I can wear it late spring into summer. Also a new wrinkle.  The tag announcing that it is an "authentic Talbots" is sewn to the lower left front of the shirt.  What's up with that? 

 I'm still learning to use my new smart phone, and because of lack of strength I need both hands.  The mirror's beveled edge gives the table cloth and my shirt and extra ruffle, but this is the general idea.

  



No comments: