Friday, December 12, 2003

#137 Correction on the pie crust blog

One of my earliest blogs (#3, out of order) was on how to make a good pie crust. I was thinking about it for several reasons. First of all, my niece Joan wants me to bring two apple pies to the Indiana Christmas, and second, my daughter requests one of those be the sugarless apple pie made with apple juice concentrate. Third, I’ve recently replaced my Pyrex glass 8 oz. measuring cup I purchased when I got married. However, there needs to be a disclaimer to that recipe I posted:

"2/3 cup peanut oil, 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1/3 cup water. Gently mix."

I forgot to add in that blog that because all the markings had disappeared from my 43 year old glass measuring cup, I use the measuring cups for solids. 2/3 cup of peanut oil would be about 1/2 in a measuring cup for liquids. And the water would be 6 Tbsp of liquid.

I think we learned that in third grade and certainly in 4-H--how to measure liquid and solids--but I’d forgotten.

No comments: