Thursday, January 29, 2004

205 Waiting for the plumber

My husband is recovering from shoulder surgery and using the time to practice for retirement. So he comes into the office and watches me write my blogs and answer e-mail, and watches me while I fix dinner, feed the cat, iron, fold laundry, etc.

Friday I was racing around gathering items for my art class. "What time is the plumber coming?" I asked. "9 a.m." he replied. At 8:59 he pulled a chair up in front of the kitchen window to watch for the plumber. "You're new at this, aren't you," I laughed as I rushed out the front door. I told the ladies in art class. It got a chuckle. We'd all spent many a day or two waiting for service people to show up, having been stay at home Moms before or after our careers. After class, we took in a small art show and went out for lunch.

When I got home, the shower drain was working again. Snaking had done the trick. "What time did he get here?" I asked. "About 5 after 9," he replied. "What is his name?" I asked. "Matt Miracle."

No comments: