Monday, July 26, 2004

402 First donut of the season

With no car for a few days, I needed to improvise on my usual routine, so I tucked $2.00 in my pocket and headed for the lake front for a brisk walk to burn up a few calories before I stopped at the Patio Restaurant for a hot cinnamon donut and coffee. Prices have gone up, so it was $1.92 instead of the amount last summer when I could leave a decent tip. I apologized to the waitress. The coffee isn't very good, but the donuts are fab.

Along the lakefront I was joined by my friend Nancy who has been coming here since she was about 10 years old. Although it is not terribly cold, the wind is very brisk, so we both were bundled up for the weather, with jackets and head gear.

Art class starts today. The registration yesterday at the Rhein Center was a mob scene, and it started to rain while the line began to circle around the outside of the building. Sharon Borror will be teaching both a beginner and intermediate class. I think I've only painted 3 paintings since last summer, so she may wonder why I haven't improved.

When I got home from my walk, I switched out of my warm clothes and put on a t-shirt that we designed for my husband's Lakeside clients 10 years ago. (Our son was in the t-shirt screening business then.) It says:

Worker's Compensation
A Cottage at Lakeside


No comments: