Monday, December 05, 2005

1855 He doesn't like my crow's feet?

Today I've received a reminder in the mail from my ophthalmologist. (Just a reminder: this is one of the few words in English that have a phth combination of consonants and is frequently misspelled). He says I'm due for an annual appointment. I don't think I've ever gone to him annually, only by referral for bigger problems. And he included in the letter a little surprise. To go along with my entries on aging beauties Donna Mills and Bo Derek, I now add that my ophthalmologist is offering Botox cosmetic injections so I can dramatically reduce the frown lines between my brows. Just a few small injections can relax (paralyze) my facial muscles for up to 4 months. What? There's not enough money in correcting vision?

No comments: