Tuesday, July 04, 2006

2662 Where to eat in Lakeside, Ohio

We're eating in today (holiday) but there are some great spots for such a small town. The hotel also has a dining room, but we haven't quite figured out the schedule. Changes each summer.
The Abigail Tea Room, full dinners, closed on Mondays. Home made pies.

Erie Food Market, for great deli items to go and a full service grocery with a personal touch. At noon there is a guy grilling hamburgers and brats outside.

Last year this was the Irish Tea Room, now it is Oo-La-La--haven't tried it yet

Sloopy's Sports Cafe--the only game in town off season

The Patio--fabulous warm donuts in the morning, great complete dinners with specials. My husband has an art show here. On the left is the Whistle Stop for ice cream and sandwiches.

Coffee and Cream is the coffee shop which also runs an outdoor grill for special events and week-ends. Toft's Velvet ice cream, Bassett's bakery and deli items.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these photos! I love the thought of those places. It's reminiscent of the town my Mom lives near, Port Townsend, Washington. These places are what define the words "charming" and "picturesque".

I live in a big, brash, new city. When I grow up, I want to live in a small, charming, picturesque town where I can walk everywhere.