Monday, August 03, 2009

Plans for week 7 at Lakeside

This is "Peace and Justice" week at Lakeside--programing I usually avoid (sort of white man's burden modernized), so I have the whole week to look at other topics. This morning at 10 a.m. there is a "walking tour" of the east end. I walk there all the time, but usually don't know what I'm looking at. Then in late afternoon we're going to a social reception for a group of which my husband is a member. We wanted to see the movie this week, "My life in ruins" about a woman who is a tour guide in Greece, but that conflicts with "The closer," my husband's favorite show (watches at a neighbor's since we don't have cable here). So I'm not sure what night we'll go--maybe Wednesday. On Tuesday Gretchen is giving a talk on aprons at 1:30 at Green Gables--not sure if I have to join to hear that. Wednesday at 3:30 there's a book review of 3 cups of Tea which our book club is doing this year. There are pre-symphony talks on Tuesdays 7-8. On Wednesday afternoon also at 2:30 is our herb class tea at the hotel. There was an art class I was considering M-Th, but met at 6 p.m., so maybe I'll just stay home and practice what I learned in the last two! And then there are all those books--bagful for one dollar--I bought yesterday.

No comments: