Saturday, August 28, 2010

50th Lakeside Antique Show

The Lakeside Antique show runs for one day in South Auditorium, Wesley Lodge, Wo-Ho-Mis and the surrounding lawns, and it seems I've been seeing the same linens, old photos, silverware, books, tools, and glassware for years, but this year I think I saw more costume jewelry than I'd ever seen. Women and kids love to paw through boxes of $1.00 each. Even the stuff labeled $2 or $3 looked pretty good, like someone dumped out my high school jewelry box. And that's probably what's causing it. Parents are going into smaller retirement homes, and the daughters don't want this stuff.

A number of neighbors took advantage of the walk bys so I also stopped at three yard sales. Tempted. I took only cash with me, and didn't spend a dime. Somehow, a credit card or checkbook is dangerous at these places.

Tonight is Pantasia at Hoover, but we've seen them a number of times, so we may go down and watch a sunset.

Sunset August 25, 2010

No comments: