Sunday, July 29, 2012

Current fashions

I noticed recently that frames for glasses are getting larger and rounder again (noticed this in the late 60s and eventually they got huge, then smaller again in the 90s until we were back to "Wanda the witch" tiny frames by 2003). So I asked a woman who works for an optometrist, and she confirmed.

Also, what's up with young (ish) women wearing baggy sweats rolled at the waist with skinny t-shirt tops. Not very flattering. Is that the yoga look?

Ladies: I know they make fun of "mom jeans," but trust me when I say perhaps you should leave that painted on style to your teen daughters.

I must say, though, I do approve of the many pretty dresses available now in the stores. Many lovely floor length, summery, swishy styles. Just a few more sleeves please. This one is from Kohl's, similar to the one I'm wearing to church.


No comments: