Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Seen at the coffee shop in Lakeside

This morning at Coffee 'n Cream as I browsed my "Real Simple" magazine that Bev was kind enough to leave for me, I saw two men about the same age and height order breakfast.  The slender, athletic one got the fruit/yogurt/granola cup (large) that is made on site.  The other one, pudgy, got a chocolate cream filled yeast donut and a chocolate freeze type drink.  True, they are on vacation and a few indiscretions are allowed, but the donut eater looked like he hadn't seen a nutritious breakfast in years.

In "Real Simple" I was reading an article on aging and beauty, and of course, the photos were of women 40-something.  That's what consumer magazines call "aging."  For aging, they should come to Lakeside where 80-somethings are still wearing shorts and riding bikes and sailing. For us, here are my tips, but I think most magazines will tell you the same thing.
  • Good nutrition
  • Stay out of the sun
  • If you must, use baby sun screen
  • Drink a lot of water
  • Move as much as you can
  • Don't smoke
  • Avoid alcohol
  • Go really light on the make-up because it collects in wrinkles and eyebrow hair, emphasizing them
  • If you must wear make-up, get the right color
  • Smile
  • Take care of your teeth
  • If you've been coloring your hair, go lighter--that's how God does it. 

No comments: