Saturday, July 18, 2020

From little to big, from narrow to wide, from thin to fat, from minor to major, from cold to hot, from bright to dim, from friend to foe, from known to unknown

It is all such a mess. I’m as angry at the insignificant as I am the overwhelming.  When I look at my church website I see no order or sense, only glitz and programs I don’t care about. When I walk down the street I see a carelessly tossed empty can or sandwich wrap.  When I open the refrigerator I see nothing healthy or life promoting, just crumbs and crap. When I put on a shirt, it doesn’t fit, is the wrong color, or I didn’t notice a spot when I hung it in the closet. When I pull up my mask, I can’t breathe, and don’t really think they block anything.

And then there are the invading termites, ants and armies in our culture wanting to tear it all down from Confederate statues to language to schools with silly yard signs in our 99.9% white community. The world wide pandemic has our churches closed has become political and an economic crisis that makes the president’s enemies happy, rubbing their hands with glee at our suffering. The FBI swamp creatures knew the dossier was phony even before the misery of the impeachment disaster. Millions of school children will lose another year and do-gooders will accept grants to study the “gap.” All forms of sexuality have been normalized by our so-called “conservative” Supreme Court as our nation spits in the face of history and God.

Yes, it all looks like my church website or empty refrigerator, little or big.


No comments: