Saturday, February 18, 2023

HLN's long journey from founding in 1982

HLN is having a Closer marathon this weekend my husband said. He loves Closer, and since he found it recently on a channel that has been airing it about 6 p.m. I think he's gone through it twice. HLN? Isn't that a cable news channel? I said. So I looked it up. Here's Wikipedia shortened to its most recent merger.
"With the 2022 merger of CNN parent WarnerMedia and Discovery Inc. to form Warner Bros. Discovery, HLN became a sister to Discovery's true-crime channel Investigation Discovery (ID). In December 2022, new CNN president Chris Licht announced that HLN would abandon original live news programming entirely as part of a reorganization, with HLN now being overseen by ID's staff, and news programming limited to a simulcast of CNN This Morning for contractual reasons."

I thought CNN was in there somewhere.

No comments: