Sunday, July 16, 2023

The Birkin Bag

Jane Birkin died. I'd never heard of her. It seems she inspired the "Birkin bag, a designer purse made by Hermès. The exclusive bags, which retail for $9,000 to $500,000 and are difficult to come by, are beloved by celebrities such as the Kardashians, Cardi B, Jennifer Lopez, Mariah Carey, Victoria Beckham and Lady Gaga." (USA Today)

I have a $9 purse I bought at Walmart 5 years ago that I love, and if it weren't worn out, I'd still be using it. It is made of denim and is the perfect size for my phone or i-pad and has 2 little side pockets for keys, comb and Kleenex.

It would seem that Lady Gaga and I have different values.

Except for Kim Kardashian who describes herself as a political mix of Republican and Democrats, I think all these ladies probably vote for Democrats. Which tells us where they are on the importance of life and liberty (for themselves, not others). Kardashian worked with President Trump to get a black woman freed from prison and on a criminal justice program. Haven't heard if she's helping Biden with his criminal just-us plan.

No comments: