Saturday, March 16, 2024

March 14 tornadoes in Ohio

Although I slept through it on Thursday, March 14 (not serious on our side of Columbus), I heard that the final count was 14 tornadoes in that area of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, with 8 in Ohio. I don't know what the record is, but that was quite a spring storm. Using the Internet I looked back a few hours and then days, and that afternoon the warnings were not serious and a few days before, the comments were that it had been a very mild season for tornadoes! So much for knowing what climate, temperature and weather will be--cooling or warming--in a century or two if we can't get a few hours warning.

I've never been to Indian Lake but know it is a popular summer recreation area and retirement spot in Ohio, and it has suffered a lot of damage. https://news.yahoo.com/lakeviews-gone-indian-lake... There are many stories at this link.

Thank you to friends/family who checked in with us.

No comments: