Saturday, September 04, 2004

453 Multiplying shirts and shrinking pants

We are packing to go home for a few weeks, leaving some clothing here at the lake house for the cooler fall days in September and October. Seemed a good time to straighten out the folded items in the dresser. My goodness! The t-shirts have multiplied and all the jeans have shrunk!

My husband has been teaching VBS since 1993, and has 8 of those shirts here--electric lime green, black, brilliant royal blue, white, etc. I attended the Medical Library Association meetings from 1989 to 1999 (didn't attend my last year since I hate good-byes) and have the "Walk with Majors" t-shirts--about 8 of them, mostly white or red. Then there are the Lakeside t-shirts, most too scruffy to wear, but which are "favorites," two of our own design, a Tony Packo shirt (restaurant, Toledo) and a University of Illinois shirt. Then there were 5 plain t-shirts from Wal-Mart in beautiful (to me) colors. Also I uncovered five t-shirts we had designated as "work shirts" some time back but had misplaced. I think some of those mysteriously travelled up from Columbus at different times.

There is a pair of jeans 33 x 30 that should be my husband's but he claims they don't meet in the middle by 2 inches and swears they aren't his. I found a pair of women's jeans in a size 8 petite. When was I ever that small? When I was 12? Also a pair of loden green jeans I bought up here at a yard sale for $1.00, but are now too small.

Before leaving for Chicago I ran my hose and we dashed off to the store because I couldn't find any in the drawer. I've found seven, never worn, new pair this morning, still in the package, buried under the multiplying t-shirts and shrinking pants. Summer wardrobe rabbit sydrome.

No comments: