Friday, September 24, 2004

490 Women Bloggers--Where are You?

My blogroll has a small list of women bloggers, but it has certainly been a pain to track them down. To be fair, a number of women are listed under the library and media category, and there seems to be no shortage of them in that category. Ambra (Nykola.com) is wonderfully refreshing in the under 25 group (perhaps a group of one?), because I see such awful writing, both in content and style, from that group.

Here's my criteria: No trash talking, four letter words, dirty jokes; interests beyond the latest entertainment fluff job; as little angst as possible about being 1) fat, 2) single/divorced or 3) underemployed ; capital letters and standard English; Christian or Jew if possible, but will take any belief system not based on the writer's own navel gazing and "inner spirituality;" some evidence that she has read a newspaper or book recently; liberal or conservative or libertarian is OK, but must adhere to the previous criteria.

I prowl through other's blogrolls; I click through "next blog" at the top of the screen. I know they are out there. Four of them are mine.

5 comments:

cfollymacher said...

Woo-eee, Norma. You've squished out a lot of the juicy subjects (honestly, you're missing a treasure in http://www.dooce.com/). Try http://www.mewtate.com/main.html, and http://weblog.burningbird.net on for size now. I'll try to dig up some more later.

Norma said...

Thanks ladies--I'll take a look. Burningbird looks great just for the photography. Trash talking language is off-putting because the women seem to be strutting partially clothed in front of the guys saying, "lookee me, I'm tough." Yuk. Grow up. I appreciate the suggestions.

cfollymacher said...

Uhh, I'm no lady (sorry, didn't realize you might be looking for contributions from female bloggers specifically). Not that there's anything wrong with that. Yeah, I know Dooce doesn't count, hence the parenthetical suggestion that the writing (and the design) is excellent despite breaking the "rules" required here. It's well beyond silly potty-mouth kid stuff. Worth a peek. Your soul will remain intact.

Burningbird looves photography, but she also discusses a good range of topics including technology (a rare female bird in that arena fer sher) and politics, too.

Feed Fido said...

Hi Norma,
You're observations are correct. Not too many chicks writing any substance..probably b/c we're too busy w/ families and work.
I have a Hell of time finding time. And as much as I edit I still cringe at the errors! Do you furl? I have a furled list on my blog I update every day.
www.furl.net
See you online.

Norma said...

No, I don't furl. I aggregate a lot, I think. I show up on a bunch of sites. If I'd need another password, forget it!