Saturday, October 30, 2004

560 Just a few days

A few more days and I won't have to be hitting the mute button on the TV remote, or turning off the car radio every 5 minutes. If you are not in a swing state, you haven't heard or seen the ads we get in Ohio. If you are in a swing state, you know exactly how monotonous this gets.

Last night we went down to Nationwide Arena to hear President George W. Bush and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was a packed house of very enthusiastic supporters. The President asked us each to call or speak to three people about voting (for him) on Tuesday. This morning at Caribou Coffee I talked to six. Four Democrats and two Republicans. We have so many people registered in our county (20,000 more than we have adults), some may even vote twice!

You're welcome, Mr. President. For you, I've given up my title as "last Ohioan who has never seen the candidates of 2004." But, I still have my four wisdom teeth, so I hope to hold on to that record.

No comments: