Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The oil shortage

I filled up this morning for $3.89 a gallon, and locally, that's about the best you can do (Speedway Mill Run). Then I opened my e-mail, and Murray, a friend from high school, explained it to me. There are actually three people from my high school (the town no longer has a high school) who have huge e-mail routes--they probably have more readers than I do!
    A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country. Well, there's a very simple answer.

    Nobody bothered to check the oil. We just didn't know we were getting low. The reason for that is purely geographical.
    ~~~
    Our OIL is located in

    ALASKA
    ~~~
    California
    ~~~
    Coastal Florida
    ~~~
    Coastal Louisiana
    ~~~
    Kansas
    ~~~
    Oklahoma
    ~~~
    Pennsylvania
    ~~~
    and Texas
    ~~~
    Our DIPSTICKS are located in Washington, DC!

No comments: