Saturday, February 07, 2009

Letter from an American Taxpayer

Phil Marx at My Hud House says he's sending this letter to his creditors. I took at quick look at Google to see if this is something going around, but his was the only one that matched.
    Dear Sir or Ma’am;

    I am currently unable to pay my bills due to circumstances beyond my control. It seems my government keeps taxing me and printing out new money. The first action leaves me further in debt to my government (more accurately, to foreign governments), the second action devalues my current savings and income. I am simply unable to keep up and must therefore default on my payments until such time as the federal government decides to bail me out.

    I do realize that my actions here will cause hardship for you. I sympathize with your circumstances and would like to offer a remedy. It is my understanding that the government is largely handing out my money to corporations who already have lot of money, and now they are being given even more. I seems to me that the opportunity exists for you to appeal to them for financial assistance.

    A partial list of these corporations includes: JP Morgan, $25 Bil.; Citigroup, $25 Bil.; Wells Fargo, $25 Bil.; Bank of America, $15 Bil.; Bank of New York Mellon, $3 Bil.; Capital One Financial, $3.55 Bil.; Fifth Third Bancorp $3.45 Bil.

    Sincerely, An American Taxpayer

No comments: