Friday, February 20, 2009

For once (or twice) I agree with President Clinton

After being elected on "hope" Obama has been the biggest down talker of the people and the economy I've ever heard. President Clinton has cautiously announced that this isn't the way to give people hope, and that everyone who has bet against America in its history has lost. First he gives Obama an "A" for his first month (he doesn't mind the huge ethics lapse of Obama's staff). Then he adds his "fatherly" advice--lighten up.
    Former president Bill Clinton tells Good Morning America, in an interview airing today, that he likes "the fact that (President Obama) didn't come in and give us a bunch of happy talk. I'm glad he shot straight with us. ... (But) I just want the American people to know that he's confident that we are gonna get out of this and he feels good about the long run. ... I like trying to educate the American people about the dimensions and scope of this economic crisis. ... I just would like him to end by saying that he is hopeful and completely convinced we're gonna come through this."
I have never felt so belittled and distraught as I do listening to our President hem and haw his way through a speech or interview. He is throwing bad money after bad. And then he tells us it probably won't work. Huh? The markets are responding--unfortunately--just the way Obama "hoped." The markets began plunging when it appeared in the fall that Obama-spread-the wealth would be elected. They have continued to plunge because the more he destroys the economy, the more he knows the people will turn to him. Now all the gains of the Bush years have been wiped out, and Obama appears to be the big winner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
It never ceases to amaze me how easily the masses can be fooled. The Democrats systematically destroyed the economy in a power move and blamed the Bush adminstration. Then totally plundered our Treasury under the guise of saving our economy. However, maybe...just maybe, the masses are beginning to realize they have been had! Their actions could and should start a revolution but the white masses have never been that aggressive and you know the blacks are all for the plundering.

Norma said...

I'm only out of the house once or twice a day to see the "masses" and I don't see any fooled, nor do I see too many upset. Maybe they aren't old enough to be looking at their pension plan or 401K balances?

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
I don't profess to meeting many people who are vocal about the current financial disaster. Most people don't want to talk about it because it becomes an emotional conversation. However I do see the polls showing Obama losing ground.That's not much but encouraging.