Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Five women

I like Hermann Cain, but I think his candidacy is toast. There's just no way Conservatives can jump all over Bill Clinton and his bimbo eruptions, defending the women who accused him of assault and rape, and then claim it doesn't matter with Cain and that the women are plants or unreliable. Both Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh today sounded absolutely stupid on this issue and I think they were offensive to all women. Both have been all over the rape and assault stories emerging from the various Occupy sites. Sauce. Goose. Gander.

Yes, Ted Kennedy had more accusations, and one woman ended up dead; and Bill Clinton couldn't keep his pants zipped, and John Edwards would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for a yellow rag--it certainly wasn't the regular media pursuing the story. But they were Democrats. 'Nough said?

4 comments:

gym babe said...

Seems as though I recall Gary Hart quit as did Anthony Weiner, and there have been other Dems that quit. But I may have a case of selective memory that rivals the blogger's.

I agree that Rush and Glen sound stupid on the matter, on that we agree. Their comments are demeaning to women!! But they have to sell their programs, so they stoop as low as needed to get ratings.

Norma said...

Gary Hart--now that's going back a bit. In general, Democrats don't eat their own, they don't call it hypocrisy because they have such low standards, they are tough to violate. At least half of Rush and Glenn's listeners/subscribers are women, and I really doubt they got any points on this one.

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Read Kennedy's accounting of the death of Kopechne. My old excuse that "the dog ate my homework" was more believable and realistic. You supposed someday they'll name a bridge after him?

Jim McKee said...

I say it's not right to throw Cain under the bus just yet. Anybody can SAY anything... that does NOT make it true. Personally, I'm waiting for ~facts~, not vague, shady accusations which may well turn out to be thinly-veiled attempts at character assassination.