Monday, May 28, 2012

Why I stopped blogging about libraries

When I first started blogging about 9 years ago, I actually still wrote occasionally about libraries.  I retired in 2000 and for awhile kept up with library news and information by participating in discussion groups.  Five years out, and it was pretty much hopeless. Today I came across some “library humor” (funny to no one except librarians) called Award for the Worst Title Change of the Year, or something like that, except it seems to have self-destructed around 2005.  So while back tracking I came across this paragraph, which reminded why I don’t write about libraries any more.

RDF and microdata both use the same fundamental triple data model. Please note that schema.org is just a specific set of vocabularies that can be used with HTML5 microdata, HTML5 microdata goes beyond this. schema.org is a pretty good microdata tutorial though, if you remember you don’t have to use it’s vocabularies. Here’s the actual microdata spec. Here’s a good microdata tutorial that pre-dates schema.org and is not schema.org-specific.

http://bibwild.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HTML5?