Sunday, October 29, 2017

They don't make things like they used to--my new blouse



This photo found on the internet is a 2x version similar to my new Merona Black White V Neck Twist Center 3/4 Sleeve Lined polyester blouse.  I bought a M, so it isn't this boxy. I wear an 8, but this thing is so tight, a size 2 woman would have a struggle putting it on--or breathing.  The problem is I didn't read the label before I bought it on sale (no returns) and didn't try it on.  I didn't notice it had a 22% spandex lining.  This thing is tight enough to be a girdle and bra all in one. It's an instrument of torture.   I wore it Friday night to a restaurant, and if I wanted to diet, I would wear something with a spandex lining!  So I decided I'd see if I could cut out the lining.  HA!  They don't make things like they use to--they make them better, neater, tighter, and meant to last forever--at least the seams of the lining. I turned it completely inside out, and every seam is bound and overstitched and firmly attached under the bust to the polyester fabric. Made in Vietnam by tiny fingers which will never let go.  So far, I cut the spandex in four places to see if I could breathe in it, then tried it on, and now think I may have a DVT under my arm.

No comments: