Sunday, September 29, 2019

The cost of walking away for Linda

“Leaving the Democratic Party has not been easy. It's not been just like going to the voting booth and closing that curtain and voting privately. It has cost many people family and relationships. That's how much the liberals hate President Trump. They don't have a clue that it isn't President Trump drawing us away, but rather their disgusting behavior pushing us away. That's what it was for me.

When I saw Hilary Clinton on the platform with all those other celebrities calling themselves Nasty Women, I changed parties after being a Democrat almost 40 years. I didn't want to be identified with them . . .especially after all of the other things Hilary Clinton had done.

It's difficult at times. It has caused alienation from so many members of my family. We still talk when we see each other, but are no longer close. You wouldn't think that it was possible, but that is how deeply the hatred runs for President Trump through the liberals. My two daughters have stopped talking to me at times. And the thing is . . I don't discuss politics with them. They will hear something the President did and get angry with me because I voted for him. It's "all my fault."  . . . Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but I believe the Republican Party is on the right side. The Republican Party protects the life of unborn babies and so far, they have protected our constitutional rights to own a gun. Also, they believe in closed borders. I've never regretted that I walked away.”

1 comment:

Sue said...

***Stands and applauds*** Linda!