Friday, February 07, 2020

479 Eldridge, 43203

When things get too crazy I just browse through the rental and sale prices for real estate on Marketplace. It's a super time waster, and mind relaxer since I'm not in the market to rent or buy.

Just looked at a nice little ca. 1920 2 story with 2 baths with 1038 sf for $875/month.. Yard is small, but dogs OK. Backyard storage unit. Don't see a garage, but there's a drive-way slab behind it. That's good for our weather. I see an AC unit outside that looks new. Wiring updated based on the conduit I see. Wonderful front porch, a bit of a climb from the sidewalk, but the steps look like new concrete. My guess is people enter from the ally in the back rather than park on the street. Has a back porch with extra security enclosure. I think I can see security lighting in the back which has a privacy fence.

First floor looks like hardwood floors, bedrooms carpeted. We used to own a house built in this era, and closets are always small. The photo doesn't show a lot of the kitchen, but the black appliances all match, so it's not copper tone or pink.  Arched doorways on first floor.  The neighborhood doesn't look the best based on school district--it's a clue when they don't list the high school district, but Columbus has some great private and Catholic schools. The owner has put some thought and effort into keeping it up--or maybe it's a recent flip. You'd need a car because the public transportation isn't the best (it rarely is in Columbus).

Oh, and there's a basement, but if you've ever lived in a home built in the early 20th c., you probably won't use it for anything except storage, although when I was a kid, they were great to play in. My brother and I used to roller skate in the basement of the home we had in Forreston.

No comments: