Friday, May 06, 2022

A Biden gaff--he told the truth. He called the unborn baby a "child"

“I mean, so the idea that we’re going to make a judgment that is going to say that no one can make the judgment to choose to abort a child based on a decision by the Supreme Court, I think, goes way overboard.”-  Joe Biden, (May 3, 2022)

***
Did I say “a child”?....(I’m sorry!)
That’s not what I meant to say!
Heaven knows …what WAS I thinking?
Please forgive me…PLEASE I pray!!!

* * *

We uphold Self-contradiction.
It’s now codified to Law.
It’s the “virtue” we’re most proud of
(And delusion's gaping maw.)
 
Self-deception’s been upgraded
To a value we adore.
It’s the cornerstone of madness,
And we’re clamoring for more.

It’s the Fruit of Deconstruction.
It’s the snakebite from of old.
It’s The Lie that we all fell for,
And we love to have and hold.

It’s “the life” here East of Eden,
Where true up is known as down.
Where true truth's considered nonsense,
And the darkness is profound.

Used with permission. Tom Graffagnino. His book “No Border Land”, was published in 2020 and is available at Amazon. It is a book of poems and brief commentary dealing with cultural/secular issues that confront us from a Bible-believing perspective. https://www.amazon.com/No-Border-Land-Finding-Amazing/dp/1625861575

No comments: