Monday, May 02, 2022

Five Years ago our TV died--right on time

 " Tonight (May 2, 2017) the living room TV wouldn't turn on. After consulting with Spectrum and trying various things, it was determined it was dead. It seemed new to us, but when I went back through my blog I found I had written about it on Dec. 18, 2009. ". . . selected the Sony Bravio 32L5000 and bought the 4 year extended warranty, which usually we don't. However, the life expectancy of today's models aren't even close to our old "fat" models--we have 3 TVs of various sizes from the 1980s, and one from the early 90s. The clerk said 6-8 years for this one." I see from another blog it replaced a 1994 model. Right on time. It's 7.5 years old."

Our current living room TV is a Samsung and if my math is correct it is about 5 years old.


No comments: