Friday, November 25, 2022

How do you fix Tilapia?

I asked my Facebook friends:

"On Monday we had Tilapia for lunch. Bob came upstairs (studio on lower level) and said, "Something smells fishy." So I sprayed some air freshener and lit one of those stinky candles scented like apple pie. Now the house really smells strange, and it's been 3 days.

Tilapia is virtually tasteless. How do you fix it?"
  • Jane said: I discovered a seasoning that I use on all meats and fish. It is delicious! You can get it from Amazon. Here is the name of it. Kinder's Premium Quality Organic Seasoning
  • Joan wrote: I don’t like fish. I eat it because I know I should. Tilapia and Salmon are two of the few I don’t hate.
  • Sue commented: Boil cinnamon in water or bake cookies! Takes over smells.
  • Debbie chimed in: I bought some from Costco already marinated and seasoned. Just bake. Really enjoyed it. Don't remember house smelling fishy.
  • Judy replied: I use Chef Paul Prudhomme's Cajun blackening spice mix on most every fish I cook. other than salmon.
  • James suggested: I cook a lot of fish the way I get rid of the smell is I take vinegar and water and boil it while I'm cooking the fish works every time.
  • Keith (who is a great chef) offered: Lemon paprika salt butter. Blacken/broil

No comments: