Friday, April 29, 2005

1001 Gasoline prices

Earlier in the month when we took a trip to northern Illinois, starting from Lake Erie, gasoline prices were about $2.43. We filled up around Gary at $2.23 and were thrilled to get it. Starting for home eight days later, we bought gas for $2.16 in Oregon, IL, $2.06 in Indianapolis suburbs, and then saw it was $1.98 when we got back to Columbus. The next day when we filled up, gasoline was $1.91. I don't recall any major news stories on this; no one was being interviewed filling the tacks of SUVs. Now gasoline prices are back up again--I think about $2.24 around here. The other night on national news, I think multiple minutes were spent decrying gasoline prices and consumer frustration, and the wagging fingers pointed, of course, to President Bush. The President that day had been hustled to a secure place as security was compromised in Washington. That story got about 2 seconds.

Now that I've passed the 1000 entries mark, I've debated on whether to continue numbering. Blogger's function that counts long ago died--around 520 I think. And or course, with six blogs, I have a lot more than 1000 entries--probably about 1700. Somehow, it just feels right to number them. I haven't put them into subject categories for a long time. That was really tedious. Like work. Besides, someone made fun of me--called me a compulsive, sensible librarian or something for creating an index.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Come to Candaa for more expensive gas and go to Europe for rally expensive stuff. See? Cheaper drugs, more expensive gas. It all works out. But thanks be to the American drug companies for charitably saving the earth and all us po folk who live elsewhere.

Paula said...

Gas is around $2.59 here in SoCal! And I just paid a $50 copay for 14 Levaquin (antibiotic) pills plus $105 for the 7 additional pills my ins. refused to pay for--but said I had to take before they'll pay for a CAT scan. But if I lived in Canada, I'd have to buy more coats and boots, so it all works out.

Norma said...

Yes, we pay more so Canadians can pay less. But we want healthy neighbors who drive less, right?

Feed Fido said...

You index pages? I cracked up, I do indexing a lot and can't say I'd do it for fun! You are uber-librarian. I take the bus, socialized transportation for all!
LOL