Wednesday, April 20, 2005

980 First they drank my soda pop

Now they are watching my movies! Those average Americans are at it again. This dentist says there are enough carbonated soft drinks consumed in this country each year for each American to drink 53 gallons, so since I drink two or three max, someone is drinking my pop! (There is enough sugar in one can of pop to get the maximum for one day, and even the diet pop has enough acid to eat the enamel on your teeth, so you can have mine.) Now USAToday says that in 2000 Americans spent 57 hours a year watching videos and DVDs, and now it is up to 83, and projected to be 98 for 2007. So far in 2005, I've watched one Blondie DVD, or about 80 minutes, and last year I think I had a few videos on Spanish verbs and one on train travel from the library.

4 comments:

Norma said...

That's Blondie as in Dagwood. Just to clarify.

Paula said...

LOL! I'm glad you clarified. I can't see you watching Deborah Harry for an hour and a half.

On average, I have one diet soda per day and don't watch any DVDs, videos or regular TV.

Norma said...

How many gallons is that? Maybe it's you getting my share? Is that pop in your wine glass in your photo?

Paula said...

It's real wine! The only way to get through a kids' partay.