Sunday, April 17, 2005

Home again speaking 85% General American English

We left town on April 8 and got back last night around 6:30. The cat looked at us suspiciously--she enjoyed being spoiled at our daughter's home.

At Jen's site this morning I noticed a link to a quiz for the type of American English. Perhaps it was just the trip to Illinois and Indiana, but I came out 85% general American English, and midwestern with a smattering of southern. That's probably because we had lunch with Duke and Kinga yesterday and they lived a spell in Kentucky before moving back to the Indy area. The quiz didn't ask how I pronounce Warshington D.C. or dish warsher.



Your Linguistic Profile:



85% General American English

10% Midwestern

5% Dixie

0% Upper Midwestern

0% Yankee


1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

Thanks for that. My results surprised me.