Saturday, June 23, 2007

3927

Silver pony tails and hot cars

As we walked down to the artists' shop today to take in some more prints, I noticed something . . . seemed to be some. . . non-lakeside types in town. Loud shirts. Silver pony tails. "I'll bet the program tonight is Phil Dirt and the Dozers," I whispered. I picked up the weekly Lakesider, and sure enough--they are the opening act. They do vintage rock and have been performing for 20 years.

Also, Lakeside is having its 2nd Classic and Antique Car Show. Great fun to see these old cars.



This 1940 Ford looks a lot like the one my mother drove to California with 4 little ones in the back, although I think ours was a 1939. What an adventure we had.

2 comments:

JAM said...

I know next to nothing about auto mechanics, but I've always admired the effort and the end product of restoring such beautiful old cars. To bad gasoline is no longer 29 cents a gallon.

Norma said...

Yes, but when it was .29/gal, mileage was about 10 mpg, and roads and tires weren't nearly as good or cars as safe.