Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Chocolate and peanut butter


Yesterday I helped in the kitchen at Advent Lutheran making "Buckeye Candy" for a Christmas fund raiser. We don't do fund raisers at our Lutheran church (UALC); each ministry applies for a portion of the budget, which is raised through tithes and offerings of the congregation. But these projects are useful also for fellowship and bonding. When we're in Lakeside in the winter, the little churches in the area are running so many fund raisers you wonder when they have time to do anything else. You could eat an ethnic style dinner at a different church all winter long. Anyway, back to the candy.

Yesterday we rolled dozens and dozens of little peanut butter/confectioner sugar/butter balls, to be refrigerated over night. Then today they will be dipped in chocolate (with paraffin to harden), placed in little candy papers, and boxed. They take orders, but don't actually have a bazaar. I'd planned to go back today and buy maybe 2 or 3 dozen to set out at a party we're having on the 30th. Here's my dilemma. I can resist chocolate; I can resist peanut butter. Together--it's a huge problem. I have a refrigerator in the garage and I could store them there. However, I do walk past that frig several times a day.

I wonder if my neighbor has room for a box of candy.

One of the ladies told me about another fabulous recipe, too. Called "Rolo Pretzels." Google it. Sort of like bite size "turtle" candy. Sounds really easy and very yummy--assuming you have great resistance and fortitude around the holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't resist the chocolate too, but here are some facts about chocolate - so you don't need resist it!