Thursday, July 03, 2008

We're home--blogging will be light!

The Tour was fabulous, the trip a bit rough. I've been released from the hospital, my head feels like it's still on a jet plane, my mouth tastes like yesterday's dirty socks, and I look like something only the cat could love. But my husband has the album full and is running them through the wonderful digital contraption our daughter gave him for Father's Day so I can watch them without exerting any energy. I'll write more when I feel better.

Positano, Day 3


Update July 4: One of the Janets also got sick--those in our group might remember she left dinner early Saturday to go back to the hotel. She thinks that it was the water in Assisi--which wasn't bottled but served in a flask. Anyway, her doctor is recommending homemade chicken soup and says he sees a lot of patients returning from abroad with this. I was more fortunate--she actually had to drive home from O'Hare in the condition that sent me to the ER.

  • Tuesday, Day 7

  • Thursday, Day 9, before lunch

  • Thursday, Day 9, after lunch

  • Friday, Day 10, before lunch

  • Friday, Day 10, after lunch

  • Orvieto Cathedral
  • 5 comments:

    Ladybug Crossing said...

    Welcome home!
    What happened to land you in the hospital??
    xo
    LBC

    Anonymous said...

    Released from the hospital?

    Be well, our prayers are with you.

    Norma said...

    Nothing like a plane crash. Just some bug I picked up along the way and so I needed to be rehydrated and anti-biotic'ed. My night in the ER will be a blog in itself unless I've forgotten by the time I can get around to it.

    Ladybug Crossing said...

    I kinda thought that might be it, but I wanted to check to make sure you are okay and that it wasn't anything I should have heard about in the news...
    Feel better.
    Rest up.
    Drink lots.
    xo
    LBC

    ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

    Stunning pictures. I looks like you've had the trip of a lifetime!
    I'm glad you are doing better. Take care of yourself :)