Thursday, October 20, 2011

Road Trip

Hope to have some good photos to post when I get back, but it is very gray and rainy. Conestoga is a great group which supports the Ohio Historical Society. Ohio is part of the original expansion of the colonies, the old Northwest Territory. The NW Ordinance set the bar very high--no slavery, the importance of education and religion, setting up elections, etc. There are so many interesting historical sites in Ohio, that it would not be possible to visit them all--but we'll make a stab at it.

5 comments:

Saint Brian the Godless said...

Been there. I liked it. Saw Ohio Caverns... two hundred feet underground the tour guide shut off the lights so we all could experience total and complete darkness for the first time in our lives. And the sweet corn was the best I'd ever had in my life.

Other than that it was a bit boring though. When you're used to cities, hard to look at fields all day long.

You know, being the atheist I'm sure you see me as some kind of amoral monster. I'm not. I'm a very moral person, just like you believe you are. ;-)

Key word of course, is 'believe.'

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Saint Brian the Godless said...

On a side note, I notice you like pre-raphaelite art. Me too. Waterhouse is my favorite.

Norma said...

Why, no, Brian, I see you as someone Jesus died for--same as me.

We did the Ohio Caverns thing when the children were little--used to drag them around the state to all sorts of things, "making memories." Lots of "are we there yet" from the back seat.

Saint Brian the Godless said...

Tell me about it. I live in RI. That's about 14 hours to the Ohio border. I drove it both ways. I was the one saying 'are we there yet?'

I stayed on a farm there... mostly grain, lots of corn, some livestock. I never saw so many flies in all my life!

All in all though, it wasn't bad. That corn was amazing. I think I ate 8 ears in one sitting.

Unknown said...

I am great fan of your blog.Every time i come here i see something very new.Thanks for sharing the information.