Saturday, January 25, 2014

The 9-12 project

These groups were originally the idea of Glenn Beck, the guy the media are demonizing now because he’s been reflecting about his impact on America.  No liberal (he’s a libertarian and owns a very successful media company) would ever reflect if he/she has done things in the past that could have been different, and that’s the only part of the interview that they care about. Daily Beast (owned by Tina Brown) readers are such haters, it is very discouraging to believe Americans are like that.  We have a group in Upper Arlington which has had topics as diverse as tax issues, goat farming, education,the principles of liberty, signers of the Declaration of Independence, how the judicial system works and everything in between. It’s not a political group but is conservative, and opens meetings with the Pledge of Allegiance and prayer.

The 9 Principles

  1. America Is Good.
  2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
  3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
  4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
  5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
  6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
  7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
  8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
  9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

The 12 Values

1. Honesty    2. Reverence     3. Hope     4. Thrift     5. Humility     6. Charity     7. Sincerity    8. Moderation     9. Personal Responsibility     10. Hard Work     11. Courage    12. Gratitude

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865594802/Glenn-Beck-Arent-we-all-a-little-wrong-about-something.html?pg=all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These last 5 years have made me doubt #1.