Thursday, November 03, 2016

Chicago Cubs win in 10th inning--no more goat curse

Image may contain: 3 people , people smiling , baseball
 Well-worn legend dictated that the Cubs would never win another World Series thanks to the Curse of the Billy Goat.

Yes, I stayed awake to watch.  Had to turn off my antenna TV during the rain delay because it automatically goes off after 3.5 hours.  Then I turned it back on in about 15 minutes to see what was happening. A really stunning game, I don't even care much for sports.  I was rooting for the Cubs, whereas most of Ohio was for the Indians.  Both team played a magnificent game.

My grandmother was blind and was a huge Cubs fan, always listened carefully to their games on the radio. She was only 13 in 1908 when they last won the World Series, and probably was completely unaware of them having lived most of her life up to that time in Tennessee. They weren't on the radio until 1935, and the two oldest sons were already married and away from home. So I'm guessing that's about the time she became a fan. We celebrated All Saints Day this month, and I know Grandma was cheering them on.

No comments: