Thursday, August 10, 2006

2738 Back to Columbus

Usually I don't do the driving, but today I'll return to Columbus to pick up our cat who has, of course, been pining away for me while we were in Michigan.

We had a terrific time, staying with our friends who have a summer home in Boyne City, MI, and then drove us around to the various sites. Such a beautiful area. We were very impressed with Bay View, which looks much more like an architectural museum than Lakeside does. Beautifully preserved and restored homes from the 1870s-1915 era with a central campus.

With Jerry and Joan at the Bay View Inn where we had lunch.

Example of a restored home in Bay View. I couldn't possibly post all the photos my husband took, but this one is in the book, Cottages, which includes one of my husband's designs.

This is the street along the marina in Boyne City--a really lovely town with great appeal for both summer and winter (skiing).

We had a gorgeous trip to Charlevoix in our hosts' boat.



No comments: