Friday, August 11, 2006

2743 Racial profiling, claims lawyer

You've probably read that two young Lebanese American men from Dearborn, MI, Ali Houssaiky and Osama Sobhi Abulhassan, have been arrested for suspicious behavior in central Ohio. Dispatch story here. "If their names were Joe Smith. . ." whined their lawyer. Give me a break! If any of my 10th generation American, fair-haired grandsons of my sister or cousins are picked up with drugs in the car, $11,000 in cash, a dozen cell phones, a list of passengers and baggage information from a mid-eastern airline and information about U.S. airports, I certainly hope the police will detain them! I promise not to come to the courtroom with scrapbooks of their athletic accomplishments in high school and moan about racial profiling and claim they are just good American boys earning money for college.

Let's get a grip. We are at war.

No comments: