Friday, November 17, 2006

3180 Wow. That's a flush!


The plumber was here about 5.5 hours today--replaced four faucet fixtures, and two toilets, plus found a problem I noticed in the repair he did the other day. Might have to float a loan, ha ha. I know life's not perfect, but when we're paying this kind of money, I'd sort of like things to work, wouldn't you? I wrote about our new, water saving, swift flushing toilets here.

Anyway, I was sitting at my desk composing the blog about our library's collection of anti-Christian stuff, and he was about 6 feet from me installing the toilet. Each time he flushed it he'd say, "Wow. That's a flush." Isn't it nice when your job still has surprises? He also asked me if we bought the handicap model, but I assured him this is called "comfort height" because it is for grown-ups, not children.

Teensy problem. The tank isn't as wide as the old model and we'll have to find the paint and touch up the wall (painted in 2004), because we have about 6 inches of old wallpaper and paint showing.

Just in time for the new toilets, my husband isn't feeling good and cancelled his trip to the lake to rake leaves at our summer home. So we'll do the birthday stuff (our children are 12 months and 3 days apart) on Thanksgiving day. My kids have had more birthday celebrations than I ever had with my parents, so doubling up one year won't hurt. Another year or so, and they won't even want to be reminded!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's a flush *lol*

Those toilets... So needed, but not wanted :-)