Monday, November 20, 2006

3191 Not so fast, food choices

All those folks who want to legislate what we eat go on and on about fast food. I don't know if PF Chang's Bistro is fast food--I've never heard of the restaurant. But Janene in Ohio was eating there Saturday to stoke up for the big Ohio State vs. Michigan game (OSU Buckeyes won in case you've been out of the country or live in Australia). She said first she checked the menu on line and discovered things were a bit more high calorie and high fat than she thought:

"The Lo Mein Chicken has 1510 calories and 104 grams of fat. Again, would not have guessed that. The biggest disappointment was the Great Wall of Chocolate (I knew it was bad, but didn't know it was THIS bad) with 2240 calories and 89 grams of fat."

Imagine if you added a drink to that you'd have 4,000 calories in one meal. And no French fries or Big Mac!

I commend PF Chang's for making this nutritional information available. But I feel about that like I do the live lobsters in the tank looking at me--I don't want to know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, ignorance is bliss...