Wednesday, November 08, 2006

3050 November is National Adoption Month

If you are part of the adoption triangle (adoptee, birth parent, adoptive parent) you are part of an amazing transaction where grief and sorrow are miraculously turned into joy and hope. Not all adoptions create picture perfect families--but then I don't know any families like that made the other way, do you? Abortions, on the other hand, create nothingness forever and ever.
Here are 10 posts I’ve written about adoption in the three years I’ve been blogging. Caution: you are not entering a warm, fuzzy zone.

Pets are not family

Marriage and adoption

The adoption experts--a review

Adoption in Australia

Adoption Hollywood style

Pregnancy decision health center

Judge Roberts’ adopted children

Advice for faculty women who are new mommies

Time off for new parents--donated vacation leave

The dogs of divorce



, , ,

2 comments:

CJ said...

I am a two-time adoptive mother (one open, one closed, both girls have Down syndrome) and I am reading each and every one of your entries! I did not realize this was National Adoption Month! Thank you for letting me know!

Norma said...

You are indeed blessed!